Myself and my friend Jeri have problematic eyelashes. I know right, first world problems. That’s why we decided to get an eyelash perm, so that finally we would have our eyelashes pointing up instead of down.
My eyelashes are quite straight and in the corners of my eye they tend to droop downwards, Jeri’s main problem is the outer corners of her eyes, where some lashes go straight down.
It is quite a slow process and must be performed by a trained professional. The perm kit used on us was Marvellash Lash lift System. I personally like having a bit of a nap in the middle of the day, so with this treatment lasting 45-60 mins, it’s a perfect use of my time.
Briefly the procedure:
- Silicone “shields” are placed on the closed eyelids and adhered with special glue.
- The lashes are then pushed up with a little applicator e.g a birchwood stick, and stuck onto the “shields” with the same glue
- next the perm lotion is applied and left for 10-15 minutes.
- then the fixing solution is applied and left for 10 minutes
- Then the neutraliser is applied and left on for 5 minutes
- the excess is removed and a conditioning solution is applied
- The eyelashes are then cleansed
- The eyelashes are unstuck from the “shields” and the “shields” are unstuck from the eyelids
- A gentle wipe with some cotton pads and Wallah!!
These are the Before and after Pics:
Jeri’s lashes Before
Below Jeri’s Lashes After
My eyelashes Before
Below my eyelashes After
We were both pretty pleased with the results, I thought it was really effective. I will continue to have mine permed, especially the effects when Mascara is applied it’s more dramatic.
It’s really important that a professional performs this treatment as it is using strong chemicals and is performed at many salons, it lasts for about 6-8 weeks (until the permed eyelashes grow out and you are left with your new eyelash growth)
What do you think of the results? Do you think it’s worth it?