Notting hill Carnival Makeup time! I love carnival, all the bright colourful costumes, the smell of food in the air and the party atmosphere. Once a year we all descend on the streets of Notting Hill to for an amazing parade and some banging sound systems. This is the best excuse to don some vivid colours. With my Sleek Rio Rio Palette in hand this can is easily achieved.
I created two looks to show you on my blog and another two carnival looks for Flavourmag…. I will put a link here when they go up on the Flavourmag site. So many looks from the same palette!
- In the above picture I have demonstrated the colour placements for each of the shadows, I only used the sleek rio rio palette eyeshadows for this look.
- For the liquid eyeliner I used Loreal Super Liner, Perfect Slim
- For the Lips I used Sleek Amped (a matt lipstick)
- I pressed on with my finger into the central part of my top and bottom lip some fine purple glitter from Illamasqua called Pure Pigmant in the colour Static
The second look Is more of an evening smokey eye. It’s an evening look rather than a carnival look. I absolutely love the shade of blue that I used from this palette, it’s so rich and glamorous.
This was really simple, I just made sure I spent time softening the edges and blending it out with my big fluffy blending brush.
- Liquid eyeliner is Loreal Super Liner
- Estee Lauder eyepencil
- Sleek Brow Kit, to define my eyebrows
- Lipgloss is a beautiful neutral from Rimmel London, Apocalips range called 600 Nude Eclipse
This is one of my fave’ palettes so far, I think it’s really versatile there are some beautiful matt shades and shimmery shades. Also a good mix of neutral tones, as well as bright colours. I think I must be a sleek mascot ‘cos I can’t get enough of their products.