I was feeling fresh faced and happy as the sun was shining outside my window. I had just painted my nails a glossy pink and metallic periwinkle blue, and I thought ‘this looks great I should do this on my eyes’ and that’s exactly what I did. Welcome to my Bright Springtime Eyes.
If I get off topic for a moment I would like to share with you my exciting news which is that I am now writing fortnightly beauty reviews/’how to’s’ for Flavourmag.co.uk I am thrilled to have this opportunity. The first article I did was last week and it was the nail look below that then inspired me to do this peppy and fresh eye shadow. If you want to read this nail varnish review/’how to’ please go to Flavourmag and check it out. Now for the make-up this is what I used: For this look I used the Sleek Oh so Special Palette.
- Firstly I gently swept the colour The Mail across the crease of my eye, with super fluffy blending brush.
- Next I took Wrapped Up which is an earthy aubergine pigment with a firmer fluffy blending brush along the crease line concentrating on the outer edge of the eye.
- I used this same shadow under the lower lashes and along the outer edge.
- I placed Gateau alongside this in the middle of the lower lash line, blending it in with Wrapped Up
- Apply Pamper and Ribbon in the inner corner of the lower lash line and all over the eye lid.
- I used a liquid eyeliner along the outer edge of the upper mash line and winged it out
- Taking Make Up Store’s Mixing liquid and Barry M’s Glitter dust in No.25 I mixed these two together to make a dazzling metallic liquid eyeliner consistency and applied this with an angled brush along the inner corner to the middle of the upper lash line.
- I lined the water line with my fave’ black pencil liner by Estee Lauder; Double Wear
This is an interesting product I don’t often use it but I would recommend it; you can scrape almost all eye shadow products into a little droplet of the mixing liquid and it will transform it into a usable liquid eyeliner with a high intensity look. I works particularly well with any eye shadows with a shimmer as it makes them into metallics. To finish this look I used a dash of bronzer for the cheeks and I lined and filled in my lips with a rosey natural toned lip liner, finishing it off with the glossy sleek pout polish which is a lip balm/tint. Unfortunately the name has rubbed off, but it’s a peachy colour. I hope you enjoy this look and check out the matching nails. Tilly x